Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2021 Rumored to be Canceled Due to Corona Virus

The prestigious video game exhibition, Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), is rumored to not be held this year due to concerns about the Corona virus outbreak.

Electronic Entertainment Expo Canceled Following Corona Virus!

Reporting from financial news portal, Bloomberg, the E3 show canceled came from many sources, especially from several video game developers who came as exhibitors. The reason for the cancellation is based on preventing the spread of the corona virus in California, United States, where E3 will be held.

The official statement will reportedly be announced at 9:30 a.m. Los Angeles time (4:30 BST) today, according to the organizers, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA).

According to statements that come from various sources, write the statement above a note to the partners developer video games last Tuesday. They also stated that they would explore the possibility of holding the E3 event down to the digital realm.

Devolver Digital: “All of you, cancel flights and hotels for E3.”

Before the statement was announced to reporters, game developer Devolver Digital tweeted a notice that E3 was not taking place. They appealed to their fans and colleagues to cancel their flight ticket bookings and hotel rooms that had already been booked.

Devolver Digital is a game distributor based in the United States, releasing several leading independent games such as Serious Sam series, Hotline Miami, Hatoful Boyfriend, My Friend Pedro and this year’s upcoming Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout.

Responding to the tweet above, a journalist from Gamedev Business, Mike Futter, admitted that he received many sources about the cancellation of E3. He said that the announcement of his cancellation should have been scheduled for the morning of Los Angeles time. In addition, several other news circulations are still monitoring updates the.

Sony Says It Won’t Be At E3 This Year!

In early January, Sony said it would not participate in the E3 exhibition as an exhibitor, as reported by Ars Technica. Sony has become a “subscriber” to be a major player in this prestigious gaming event, but has been absent at least twice, namely 2021 and this year.

Here’s a quote from a Sony Interactive Entertainment representative quoted from Ars Technica:

“After a thorough evaluation, we at Sony Interactive Entertainment have decided not to participate in this year’s E3 event. We consider, with respect to the ESA committee, that this vision of E3 2021 is not aligned with what we are focusing on this year.

We will build a global event strategy by following consumer events around the world. Our focus is on convincing fans to be part of the PlayStation family and get access to enjoy their favorite content.

We’re getting some big titles ready for the PlayStation 4 and ahead of the PlayStation 5. We hope this year will be a year for us and our fans to welcome it.”

Electronic Entertainment Expo Committee on Corona Virus in California

Previously, from the official statement of the organizer of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), it was written that it still prioritizes its visitors.

Especially the health and safety of exhibitors and E3 visitors when the corona virus outbreak is still ongoing. ESA said it would continue to monitor the situation if E3 was held or vice versa.

They added that the E3 team and partners continue to monitor the spread of the corona virus in California through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). The committee also continues to analyze the information that comes to take steps to prevent the spread of the virus at the event.


Want to know more information about the Corona virus outbreak? Please read all of them only in Nawala Karsa.

Posting Komentar untuk "Electronic Entertainment Expo 2021 Rumored to be Canceled Due to Corona Virus"